Converse University 教师 support the institution’s mission to advance a culture of belonging and collaboration that ignites creativity, 创新, and transformation.
Converse University’s Office of 研究 and Engagement promotes collegewide engagement in research and scholarly creative work. The office supports and assists 教师, 学生, and staff from the conception of ideas to dissemination.
The Office of 研究 and Engagement holds a monthly 教师 symposium to address various topics from all areas of academic interest.
The symposium offers 教师 an opportunity to share knowledge, celebrate accomplishments and network with one another.
Events are typically held in Carmichael Hall, room 200, from 5:30 – 7 p.m.
2023-2024 教师 Symposia Events
- September 14, 2023: Dr. 安德里亚•艾略特 — ‘Gendered Threads: A Speculative Analysis of The Spacetimemattering of Women’s Fiber Crafting.’
- October 19, 2023: Dr. 乔•邓恩 — ‘历史 Must be Kept Alive…Lest We Forget”: The 1969-1970 Voorhees College Student Protest Incidents.’
- November 9, 2023: Dr. 阿什利Lazevnick — ‘Fantasies of Precision: American Modern Art, 1908-1947.’
- January 11, 2024: Dr. 斯科特·罗宾斯 — ‘Soggetto cavato a’ la Scotto: Use of musical cryptograms in my recent compositions for electric guitar.’
- February 8, 2024: Dr. 莉斯Eggerding — ‘The Sounds of Presence: Therapeutic Presence, Music Therapy, and Arts-Based 研究.’
- March 14, 2024: Dr. Laura Feitzinger Brown — ‘Persecuted but Powerful: Catholic Women in Early Modern England.’
- April 11, 2024: Dr. 道格·詹森 — ‘The Ferny Floras of Spartanburg and Georgetown, SC.’